Tuesday 15 May 2012

DD1's birthday party

She's not 5 until September, but is planning it already.  She's not yet 'school age' but has 34 friends on the list already, and she's been wanting to add everyone from her gymnastics and ballet & tap classes too - and people think HEed kids are isolated! Pah!

Anyway, we're thinking about what would be best.  Our house is far too small to have anywhere near that number of people (plus extra when you include parents and siblings).  I could hire the local community hall, but not sure if I can be bothered organising that number of children into organised activities (pass the parcel, musical statues etc etc) and think it will be more chaos than anything else.  We did soft play last year, which was good, but I don't fancy doing that again this year.  Her gymnastics class do birthday parties (£120 for 20 kids for 2hours) but everybody has to be over 5, which would mean not just that DD2 couldn't attend, but also that most of her friends couldn't either as she's the oldest.  I also contacted her dance teachers and they do parties too (£90 for 20 kids for 2hours) but there's no age limits, which is good.  So, I now have to decide whether I want to spend £90, just for someone else to organise the party and activities, when I still have to proved the food and party bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment