Saturday 9 April 2011

Dear Diary,

Lots have been going on that I really need to update with you.  On Mother's Day, we had the worst takeaway [customer service] in the world, on Monday we went to the library as usual, but I haven't noted which books we got out, I put on weight, DD1 made an HE friend, the weather has been gorgeous and I've had a busy Saturday in the garden today!

So, on Mother's Day, for a change we thought we'd try the only Italian takeaway (excluding the likes of Pizza Hut etc) in our town.  We looked at the menu, and though it seemed pricey (more than double what we would normally pay for a takeaway, DH and I decided it would be a nice change.  We ordered online, and only after we had paid, did it say "allow 90mins for delivery"!  We were hoping to feed DD1 (and 2) some of ours for dinner, but that wait seemed ridiculous, so she had beans on toast - which she probably enjoyed more anyway.  Soon, DD1 was in bed, and DD2 was asleep downstairs, but still no food.  After nearly 2 hours from whe we ordered we phoned up to ask where our food was, to be told that ours was next in line (so they hadn't even started it!) and to apologise they'd throw in a bottle of wine.  Did we want white or red?  Red.  DH nor I like white wine, so even though we decided it was too late to open the bottle that night, it would keep.  We had to wait another 45minutes (!!!) before the food arrived.  DH went to the door, took the food, but no bottle of wine.  The delivery driver said he would return with it, which to be fair, he did very promptly, but it was white.  Typical - and just sums up the customer service that they couldn't even get the colour of wine right.  By this point, it was nearly 3 hours after we first ordered, and we were well into the food, so didn't bother saying anything.  At least we now have a bottle of white for if we have visitors.  The food itself was actually lovely, though massive.  If we were ever to order from there again (which we're not going to), we'd order 1 starter and 1 main between us.  At least that way, it would be the right amount of food for a decent price.  I ordered White Bait starter (which was enough for about 4 people) and Duck breast for main.  I was given the option of chips or vegetables, I opted for veg, but ordered a side order of chips anyway.  When it arrived, the duck breast was about 6inches long, and 2 inches thick, though very tasty.  The side order of chips was humungous, and the vegetables had roasted potatoes included so I didn't need the chips anyway.  DH ordered prawns for starter and seafood spaghetti for main; the latter was definitely enough for two.  As I say, the food was very nice, but we're not going to bother ordering from there again.  I would Name and Shame, but then that takes away one part of my anonymity, if you know where I'm located.

Current weight: 71kg
Goal weight: 10st
Weight lost this week: -2kg (ie put on 2kg)
Total weight loss: 7kg

I put on 2kg this week.  Probably because of the takeaways, and visit to my grandparents, but I'm hoping it is just a normal fluctuation and I haven't put myself back that much.   Today I saw somebody who hadn't seen me in a few weeks, and with the warmer weather, I'm wearing thinner/lighter/tighter clothes.  Anyway, she commented about how much weight I've lost, around my waist and around my face, so I hope that means I haven't done too much damage to my goals.

On Monday we went to the library as usual.  I got out some books for DD1 and one for me.  (I'll update this post, when I've got them to hand.)  Then, on Tuesday, we went to a different library for Storytime and also to meet up with a fellow HEer, and her children.   She has two girls, the elder one is 5 and the younger is 1.  The elder daughter, apparently, went to preschool and didn't hate it, but didn't enjoy it that much either.  So, off she went to school like most other children, but changed overnight and hated it.  So, she was taken out of school and is now being HEed.  Anyway, DD1 and her got on like a house on fire, so I'm hoping they will become good friends, as we start to develop more friendships in the HE world. :-D

And today I have done much in the garden.  The weather is still lovely, so I wanted to make the most of it.  I cut the grass, and filled up one compost bin, and started filling the second one.  I repotted my house plant (a rubber plant, that I've had since university), I sowed the tomato seeds in the grow bags, and I sowed rows of carrots and onions in the ground.  I've never attempted to grow anything from seed before, but hopefully that if nothing has grown in a month's time, I will still be able to buy some baby-plants from the gardening shop to replace the dead-seeds and nobody will be any the wiser. Ssssssh!

So that's what I've been up to lately.  I am planning on writing a post entitled "How the Hell can I call myself a Christian?" but it's another thing that I haven't got around to.  Tomorrow the weather is still meant to be high so we're planning to go to the beach for the day with the children.  Studland beach in Dorset is a sandy, accessible naturist beach.  But it is a fair few hours drive away, so it does depend on how much sleep we get tonight and how early we wake tomorrow.  Otherwise, we'll still be at home, and hopefully will be as productive as we have been today.

Speak again soon,
LBP

No comments:

Post a Comment