Sunday 10 July 2011

3rd World Glasses Collection Service

I've recently had my eyes tested again.  I go to specsavers and because I only go once every 2 years i use the voucher then send, so the eye test is only £7.50 (did you know it has gone up to £22!).  However, I find their glasses ridiculously expensive, so I buy my glasses online from www.spex4less.com. They currently are having a sale on, so I've bought 2 pairs of normal glasses plus some sun glasses.  It will take some getting used to, as my current glasses are transitions, but at least I won't be squinting when I drive anymore (transitions don't work behind glass).

Anyway, they are currently doing a collection service of old glasses to give to the 3rd world, and are asking people who write a blog to spread the word - which is what I'm doing.  So if you have old pairs of glasses hanging around the place please send them off for a good cause.  There are more details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment