Friday 8 July 2011

Photoshoot

As part of a fundraising thing for DD1's gymnastics, we made a donation to the club, and got a free professional photoshoot plus a picture worth £60 free.  The photoshoot was on Wednesday, and I'd love to get a canvas of DD1 and DD2 together for our living room wall.  Both DDs were in their best clothes (though we had to pretend it was Christmas, because DD1 only wears her purple dress at Christmas, lol) and they had lots of different shots done, together and separately, as well as a few 'nudie' shots of DD2.  Afterwards we booked a time to view the photos with DH (next week, 8pm.  Unfortunately we can't get a babysitter, so we'll have both DDs with us) and I was given the pricelist, with various options.

Wow!  The free photo worth £60 is only 7x5inches.  A 24x24 canvas/print is £445! and having only 5 images on CD is £395!  We are desperately trying to save moeny (and were planning on buying a new tent this week) so really cannot afford those prices.  We've looked online and have found that some art printers will put a photo (as in an actual photo, rather than a digital photo) onto a large canvas for around £60, so we're tempted now just to get the free photo and get someone else to blow it up.  Of course, the quality may not be worth it, so I'm not sure what to do for the best.  A friend also recommended another photographer (and her website says an hour photoshoot plus 10x8 print is only £25) so I've contacted her to ask approximately what cost the larger prints would be, as I don't want to waste her time.  Hopefully she'll get back to me, before we view the photos next week.  That way, I'll be more confident that we're doing the right thing, by not buying the expensive ones.  Shame, really, as the photographer was really nice and good with the children, but we really cannot afford it.  Nevermind.

It has put in my mind, though, that I would like a nude portrait of all of us, once DD2 is walking.  Nothing obscene, but DH holding my hand, holding DD1, holding DD2.  All of us standing in a row, and the photo taken from behind, in black and white, and maybe just a 10x8 print.  I think that would look good on the landing, or in the hallway.  I also wonder whether anybody would realise it was us, or whether they just thought it was an arty shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment