Wednesday 20 July 2011

Swap Shop - a trial.

So, I've been giving this some more thought.  Incidentally, DH thinks it's a silly idea, and that if i should do anything, I should try and promote one of the existing sites.  I, however, have a tendency not to take the easy route. lol.  And anyway, I need a project to keep me busy.  So what that I'm a SAHM and pt tutor, there's always more hours in the day, right?  And as I'm discovering, if you want anything done, then do it yourself!

So (again), I initially thought about starting up a separate website, and use FB to try and promote it - you know how things go viral.  But, paying for a website, and then using FB seems a bit silly, so as a trial I am going to set up a FB Page or group to see how it fares.  if the interest is huge, then it probably makes sense to set up a separate webpage.

Now I'm going to have to go about doing this.  My first point of call is to do some research on pages vs groups.  I'm not sure which is better?  If I have to set up a new FB account to do a page, then I will have to get a free email address, as I don't want to link it to me (yet. Of course, if it's successful...).

Then once the page/group is set up, I will have to link to it and share as much as possible to try and get members/'likes'.  And I have to hope that some people will start swapping.  It will be not for profit, and no money is to exchange hands.  In the research I was doing yesterday, I saw some info on tax, so I may reproduce/link to it.  In the same vein as ebay, I think you only need to declare if you are a frequent swapper or have made capital gains, but clearly I'm no lawyer or tax expert, so I don't know.

Anyway, I'll start researching now, whilst I'm waiting for dinner to cook, and maybe you'll join me in my quest for swapping.

----------------
Edit: if you are on FB, please search for The Swap Shop UK and like it.  It is a cashless swapping site, and I need 25 'likes' to have a better/more direct address.

No comments:

Post a Comment