Saturday 22 January 2011

Dear Diary,

I love DH and cannot keep secrets from him.  Believe me, I've tried.  The only ones I do manage to keep are birthday and Christmas presents, but that's because I know there's a fixed end-date where the secret will be revealed.  Everything else, I just blab.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I don't think there should be secrets between husband and wife.  Secrets cause trouble.

So I mentioned to DH that I've started a blog.  He isn't keen.  In fact, he has asked me to delete it and keep a diary instead.  Thing is, I have tried to keep a diary (in the past) but it just doesn't have the same effect.  So, the blog is here to stay.  At least it is all anonymous atm.  I did ask him to read the first posts from yesterday, and he hasn't so that's his loss.

There's lots that have to get out, as it were.  I had a horrible pregnancy and birth with DD1, and a horrible postnatal period too.  Luckily she is gorgeous, and I'm am very thankful for the beautiful girl that I get to call my own.  Having learnt A LOT from that experience, I was determined that things would be different with DD2 and planned a home birth, although that, too, didn't exactly go according to plan.

I do try to educate others, to learn from my mistakes/experiences of my births.  Part of me is tempted to become a doula, but I'll have to think long and hard about that.  Another part of me wants to become a Breast Feeding Counsellor, to help other women be successful.  In short, I love learning and want others to love it too.  That's probably why I enjoy tutoring, and why I want to HE my DDs.  So whilst there's lots I want to do, I've no idea when I'll find the time.

I'm also trying to be the perfect wife, the perfect mum, a good housewife, grow my own vegetables, cook from scratch, and lose weight in time for my sister's wedding this summer - I'm a bridesmaid for the first time!  So when I should be juggling all that, instead I'm talking to you, which means I should go now.

Yours,
LBP.

No comments:

Post a Comment