Friday 21 January 2011

Introduction

I'm a happily married mum to 2 daughters: DD1 (born in 2007) and DD2 (born in 2010).

The older I've got the more 'hippy' some of my ideas have become:
I'm now a SAHM, who tutors part-time;
I tried for a home birth with DD2;
BF DD1 for 10.5months, still BFing DD2 and would like to make it to a year;
I've used both disposeable and reuseable nappies;
I'm an unintentional co-sleeper;
I'm trying (and failing) to grow my own vegetables;
I did/do Baby Led Weaning;
I'm a Christian who doesn't think you have to go to church;
and I want to home educate, to name a few of my 'funny ideas'.
Above all, I try to relax, be laid back, and enjoy my children and DH.

Why am I starting a blog?  Obviously I have some egocentric need for my voice to be out there.  I don't have much to say, but what I do say I am passionate about.  I also find writing (blogs/on forums) to be therapeutic, so yes, this is all about Me.  Yet, at the same time, I want to have some degree of anonymity, which is why I'm using the abbreviations and acronyms more commonly found on parenting forums.  I hope this doesn't put anyone off what I have to say.  Maybe one day I'll come out, as it were, but for now I'm happy being LBP (Laid Back Parent).

As yet, I also haven't decided about use of photographs.  Whilst my logical brain knows that there are soooo many pictures of children on the web, that it's incredibly unlikely for it to be a problem, the other part of my brain wants to protect me and my family, especially my daughters.  So, to that end, for now there won't be any photos of us, and a more boring blog this will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment