Friday 28 January 2011

Dear Diary,

I am tired.  I am not getting enough sleep, which I know, but don't seem to be able to do anything about.  DD2 is teething atm, so I am constantly being woken up in the night to be used as a comforter.  It would be better if she were that little bit older, so could manoeuvre herself into the right position, without waking me up.  Or if I slept a bit deeper, so I didn't wake up to her slight mumbling and grumbling (DH can sleep through it, so why can't I?).  Obviously, the best alternative would be for her to not be teething in the first place, but that's not a real option.

During the day, DD2 seems to be able to sleep well.  Yes she still mumbles, but also has long periods where she sleeps.  The difficulty with catching up on sleep during the day is that DD1 is awake, so I'm still on the go.  And even if, by some miracle, they were both to be asleep or self-occupied at the same time, I'd feel obliged to get on with all the stuff round the house that I try my best to avoid: washing up, clothes washing, tidying, and other general housework.

Watched a program last night called something like "How much do you do?" about how housework and chores are split between various couples.  Atm I'm ashamed to admit that I imagine DH does more than me, even though he's at work all day and I'm at home.  It is difficult, because when I'm at home I want to enjoy my children, spend time in and out of the house, and not be chained to the kitchen sink.  But that leaves me tired in the evenings (not least when I'm not having much sleep anyway) so I'd prefer to relax and veg out, rather than start the washing up or cleaning.  DH is a star.  He'll come in, sort out something for dinner (last night we had take away, so not so good for the diet), and will often wash up when I take DD1 to bed.  Because I'm BFing, DD2 doesn't go to bed yet, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before she's going through the night and will be sharing a room with DD1.  Just got to get this period of teething out the way first.

Thanks for listening,
LBP

No comments:

Post a Comment