Monday 24 January 2011

Weigh-in

I started this diet 3 weeks ago.  I'm following (loosely) Fat-Burner Foods by Dr Caroline Shreeve because it works.  Basically there are two meal plans: Fat Burning and Stabilising.  On the Rapid Fat Loss weeks, if you follow it strictly, you will lose weight quickly, but it is hard to follow.  On the Stabilising weeks, you are not trying to lose weight, but to keep your weight stable and learn healthy eating habits.

I've never been a thin person (or argueably, a normal sized person) and when I went to university a combination of eating out, drinking and falling in love meant I put on a stone a year for the 4 years I was there.  I tried a few times to lose weight myself, or do extra exercise, and nothing worked.  I went on Depo Provera (contraceptive jab) and it is known that whilst this won't make you gain weight, it will inhibit weightloss - and I couldn't lose weight.  I was on Depo for 5 years before DD1 came along, with no problems at all.  After she was born, I went back on Depo, but this time it didn't agree with me, so I came off it.  June 2009 I decided I was going to lose some weight and decided I would follow the Fat Burning diet (mainly because DH got the book free with a copy of Men's Health!).  I was strict, at first, and the weight really does fall off.  Over time, I followed it more and more loosely, but the weight was still coming off.  In less than 6 months I had lost 2.5stone!  Then on Christmas Eve, I found out I was pregnant so I stopped the diet immediately.  (I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum when pregnant with DD1, so as long as I could eat with this pregnancy, I would make the most of it!)  DD2 was born in August, and I hadn't put on any 'baby-weight'.  I am breastfeeding, and I wanted to enjoy my Christmas, which is why I'm restarting my diet now.  I've still got a bit to lose before I reach my target weight.  And, my deadline for this weightloss is my sister's wedding in July.

So my stats, for this week (I've been on the diet for 3 weeks so far):

Current weight: 72.5kg
Goal weight: 10st
Weight lost this week:0.5kg
Total weight loss: 5.5kg

I will [try to] weigh myself every Monday and update how I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment