Saturday 7 May 2011

Book Review: Brilliant CBT by Dr Briers

Book Review: Brilliant CBT by Dr Briers

This is a really interesting book for people who are interested in what CBT is and how it works, as well as people who want to use CBT to change areas of their won lives (and it turns out, you can use CBT in most areas!).  This book was recommended to me, by somebody who is using it's techniques and finds it very useful.  I've only read the book (I haven't done any of the exercises it suggests) but I can see the purpose and theory behind them and how they can be useful to overcome the stresses in your own lives.  So, whilst I'm not giving this a recommendation based on experience, from a theoretical point of view (from someone who has no psychological training) I can see its merits.

If I ever find the time to re-read this book, with the aim of doing the exercises too, then I hope to write a fuller review.

No comments:

Post a Comment