Saturday 7 May 2011

Dear Diary,

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm feeling a bit rubbish.  I never enjoy birthdays.  Not because I'm afraid or hate getting older.  In fact, I think of myself more as a caterpillar that is hoping beyond hope that maybe this year I'll be that butterfly.  And I'm only going to be 29 tomorrow.  A few people have said, in jest, "getting nearer 30!", but 30 doesn't seem old to me, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being older anyway.  I've never had any looks to go or a body to lose,  so to speak, I just seem to be a person that is just sad around birthday time. 

The children are playing up too.  The house is a mess.  The car has broken down, yet again.  None of these are new things; I'm just noticing/getting upset and frustrated by them more, because I'm in a bit of a slump atm.  And the stats for this blog, which was just a mild sense of excitement, have tailed off too.  So I'm guessing whichever site it was that had a link to here, has now got some other person's blog on it's front page, and that this one is to go back to its bleak existence alone.

On the good side, though, it has rained today, so hopefully my plants will have had a good watering.  I've forgotten to water them the past 2 days, so they were probably really thirsty.  At the moment, I'm just waiting for them to grow some more, although I do know that soon enough I will need to thin out the carrots and onions.  Whilst I know I need to do that, before they grow too big, I have no idea when I need to do it.  My fear is that I'll do it too soon, and end up damaging or killing the seedlings as I try to take them out of the ground, to move them.  Not that I know where I'm going to move them either.  I do have some more ground that I could use, but I haven't removed the turf yet.  And I need to go over the area with the hoe again, as weeds are starting to appear again.  Unfortunately, the children seem to be conspiring against me, and are not allowing me any time to do anything that needs to be done, let alone time to do gardening.

We're on holiday soon, and I can't wait.  Not as soon as I'd like, but at least it's something to look forward to.  The past few days has all been taken up with the AV referendum and surprise, surprise it hasn't passed, and all hope of anyone even half decent ever getting into government has gone down the pan.  Good thing my vote makes a difference... oh, wait. :-(

Hope you feel better than I do, atm.
Yours,
LBP

No comments:

Post a Comment