Friday 25 February 2011

Dear Diary,

We've had a stressful week this week.

Starting a new job is one of the more stressful things you can do, and that's just what DH has done this week.  He changed jobs for career prospects/interest reasons, rather than because he hated his old job or the people.  In fact, whilst not quite in the area he wanted to be in, he loved his old job and got on really well with all of his colleagues and his boss!  As such, he was really apprehensive before starting this job because he was really unsure to whether he had made the right decision.  Given that he was offered this new job back in November, but was on a 3month notice period at his old place, so the apprehension has been building all this time.

On Monday, off he went, and I didn't hear anything until he returned.  It wasn't good.  Lots of little things that culminated during the day not helped by some reckless drivers he encountered on the way home.  Fortunately, since then, things seem to have got a bit better.  As with all new jobs, it takes a fair while before you settle into the role and start to make friends, but he did go to the pub with his team after work on Wednesday, so that's a good sign.

DD2 might be teething again.  She is really grumpy, and dribbly. I thought she would at least have had a gap between her first 2 teeth coming through and the next bunch.  Either that, or it's just a developmental stage where she recognises me properly (and is therefore unhappy with anybody, 'cept DH, who is not me and also when I leave the room).

And my diet has gone out of the window (again).  I think yesterday was the worst day I've ever had!  To celebrate that DH was starting to not-hate his new job, we had a Chinese take away on Wednesday night.  Thursday lunch was leftover Chinese for me, yum.  (I do ensure the children have proper food, in case anyone is worried.)  FIL came to visit us, and took the children out for a walk giving me time to wash up, tidy and hoover .  He returned at 5pm with sausage and chips for DD1.  I'm not going to let her eat a whole portion (the chips are huge) so I had to help out quite a bit.  And because FIL doesn't like much variety of food, specifically much of what we eat/cook for ourselves, DH suggested we get another takeaway, so Indian was order of the day (korma for FIL).  Three different takeaways in one day! So today, I'm desperately trying to make up for it, by having tropical veg juice for breakfast and lunch (tho' I did share a piece of toast with DD2 at lunchtime) and for snacks too.  I will have a proper dinner tonight though - I'm not totally crazy.  Garlic pork with sweet potato mash (I may put some carrots in the mash too). Yum.

Hopefully next time I write, it will all be good news.
Yours,
LBP

No comments:

Post a Comment