Tuesday 8 February 2011

She went through the night!

In her own bed (cot) in DD1's room (which is now both their bedroom).  Hopefully this will continue.  Hurray!

After giving them a bath last night, I fed DD2 and tried to lay her in bed, but she woke up, and was disturbing DD1, so we decided to bring her downstairs.  Before this, she had always gone to bed with us.  Because I'm BFing, there doesn't seem much point putting her to bed without us, if I'm gonna be running up and downstairs every 5min.  So, (without another feed) she fell asleep again, and we put her upstairs at 10pm.

At 4am I woke up (TMI: leaking), so went to the loo, got myself a drink, and expressed a little.  By this point, I'm guessing DD2 could smell yummy food and it woke her up.  So I went into the room, and gave her a BF.  Note to self: find the blanket I used to keep in that room, as it's cold in the middle of the night, and put some tissues in there for when I'm sneezing, because it's cold in there.  Afterwards, I led her down and she settled almost immediately, sleeping though until DD1 woke he up at 6am!


Also, yesterday I cooked a roast dinner, and gave some of the veggies to DD2.  When I previously tried carrot, she wasn't keen, but I know that you need to try things 15-20 times, to determine whether they don't like something because it's new (after 20 times they will like it) or if they genuinely don't like something.  I love carrots, so I didn't want any wasted, so only reserved 1 stick for D2.  I also had some cubes of swede and some boiled potato.

Well, she wolfed down the carrot, like nobody's business.  I'm going to cook her some more today.  I tried her with the swede, but she wasn't fussed, and it isn't as sweet as carrot.  Again, for the potato, which she has had before, she wasn't bothered by, so DD1 finished them up.  Luckily, DD1 also loves her vegetables, and ate a big plate of roast dinner including carrots, swede, and sprouts (yuck!).

The only thing with this weaning malarkey, is that I'm not sure yet of quantities.  Clearly at the moment I'm either getting it bang-on (unlikely) or I'm not doing enough.  Today, when I cook the carrot, I will do half a carrot, just for DD2, and will let her guide me to how much she wants to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment