Thursday 10 February 2011

Monopoly

I love the game Monopoly.  I often win (although I do enjoy it just as much even if I don't), am ever-so-slightly ruthless, and play totally within the rules - it's just not my fault if other people don't know the rules!

On one of the email groups I'm part of, somebody was selling Monopoly Junior, for just a couple of pounds, so I bought it.  It arrived yesterday and is fantastic.  It's brand new, and I've already played it with DD1 three times!  The first time, I only cheated once (in her favour) and she won.  Almost every time I passed it, I landed on the Loose Change (or whatever it's called) square, so when the money had built up quite a bit, I purposely re-rolled the die, before DD1 noticed, so I didn't land on it.  I won't be doing that again. LoL.  The second time, she got bored, (we had been playing for over an hour, as it was immediately after the previous game) so we just stopped and nobody won.  The third time was when DH returned from work.  As soon as he walked in the door, DD1 demanded we play, and I had been saying all afternoon that we should wait for Daddy.  We played, with absolutely no cheating, and DD1 won again!  So, I think she takes after me with her like of Monopoly.  Especially considering she's only 3, and the box recommends it from the age of 5.

Already, she was adding up (making use of her Number Bonds - a term I've learnt from the latest book I'm reading "Maths for Mums and Dads") different ways to make £4, when she didn't have a £4-note.  And we added up the larger notes, when I frequently had to pay her £8 or £10 in lots of small change.  I can see Monoploy being a great HE tool.  Well, that's my excuse to play it again, anyway. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment