Tuesday 15 February 2011

Valentine's Weekend

It was Valentine's Day yesterday, and because DH had a holiday to use up, he took the day off, so on Saturday we went to Wales for a long weekend with the ILs.  Driving to Wales it occurred to me, that I'd left DH's card at home in the drawer.  Fortunately, he'd done the same with my card too. LoL

We had booked a table at La Tasca on the Sunday night for 7pm, and planned to go to the cinema afterwards.  As I hate to be late, I have the tendency to be early and we arrived for our table at just gone 6.30pm.  We were seated straight away as the restaurant was empty.  We had a selection of bread for starter, and lots of tapas for a main. The wine was half price, because it's a Sunday, so we shared a bottle of red.  I joked to DH that we could be back at MIL's house before the time we had booked the table for - DH looked at his watch and when we had finished our main course, it was 7.08pm! Nevermind.  The food was delicious (although the paella was slightly cold) and we had churros for dessert.  I'd never had them before, but they were yummy.  We ate them with a desset wine too, which reminded us both of being at university.

Afterwards, we went to TGI Friday's for a cocktail.  I had a choc'n'mint oreo one (I can't remember what it's called) and DH had Caipirinho.  As we were both full (and the cocktails were a fiver each) we decided we would go to the cinema, even though there were many more flavours I would like to have tried.

We saw The King's Speech, which was very good, although I did feel like it had been too hyped up.  I get like that though - if everyone tells me something is absolutely excellent, I expect it to be the best film I have ever ever seen, but it wasn't.  It was very good and enjoyable, but that's it.  DH enjoyed it too, and thought it wouldn've been better than the other options I gave him, so that's fine.

Walking out of the cinema we debated going back for more cocktails.  As it was a Sunday night, all the food-based places were closed, so the only option were late bars and clubs.  Given that I was dressed up in my nice clothes, with a coat, hat, scarf and gloves, and most other people on the street were barely wearing any clothes and were much more drunk than I was, I felt older than my time (I'm not even 30 yet!) so we went back home.

All-in-all, we had an enjoyable Valentine's celebration on the Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment